CODE OF CONDUCT
The Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) is a global leader in the theatre and live entertainment business. The magic of an outstanding theatregoing experience is at the heart of everything that we do and we are passionate about offering our customers the highest quality performances together with exceptional service.
Our mission is to be recognised by our customers as the leading theatre and live entertainment business in the world through:
- Exceptional service in all aspects of our business
In pursuing this mission, our success is underpinned by a set of values which are at the heart of how we do business. We should aim to be:
These values are important to us not only because they impact our business performance but also because they impact our relationships with every individual and every business we come into contact with.
We expect our employees and business partners to do all that they can to help us achieve our aims (as set out above) whilst upholding our values.
We want all our employees to value integrity as this touches many aspects of our business. This Code of Conduct provides greater detail on what we do to ensure integrity within ATG.
Operating within our company’s value system and a principled approach to doing business is one of our key business aims. We seek to incorporate the UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles into our strategies, policies and procedures to set the stage for long-term success.
These principles are:
- Principle 1: businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: businesses are asked to support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
In applying the principles above within ATG, we are committed to:
- Respecting our employees. We endeavour to treat our employees fairly and honestly. We strive to maintain a safe, secure and healthy workplace. We also strive to follow all applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Equal opportunity in all aspects of employment for employees and applicants. We provide a workplace free from any form of discrimination (other than on the basis of merit) or harassment, including sexual harassment.
- Providing safe and healthy work environments at our facilities for all our employees, visitors, contractors and vendors. It is our policy to provide employees with a workplace free from the use of illegal substances. In order to create an environment free from threats, violence and intimidation, we are committed to a policy of zero tolerance for violence.
- Designing, constructing, maintaining and operating facilities that protect our people and physical resources. It is our policy to comply with all applicable health and safety laws and regulations and insist that all work be done in a safe and responsible manner.
- Complying with the laws and regulations that apply to our business activities around the world. Failure to comply would undermine the integrity value standard of the Group.
- Maintaining zero tolerance for slavery, bribery and other forms of corruption. See below for further details.
- Making continuous improvements in the management of our environmental impact. We will work with others to promote environmental care, increase understanding of environmental issues and disseminate good practice
Modern Slavery Act 2015
As part of our commitment to apply the above principles we take our responsibilities under the Modern Slavery Act seriously and are proud of the steps we have taken to combat slavery and human trafficking.
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking and expect all of those in our supply chain to adhere to our values.
For further details please see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement on our website.
Bribery Act 2010
In applying the principles set out above, we also take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate. We implement and enforce effective systems to counter bribery and corruption and have internal policies in place to educate our employees about how to recognise and deal with bribery and corruption issues so as to ensure compliance with the Bribery Act.
Charitable and political donations
We do not make political donations. Charitable donations are limited to supporting activities in the communities in which we operate.
THE AMBASSADOR THEATRE GROUP LIMITED
Date: 25 September 2017